PICKFIBER - Platform for international collaborative knowledge on food improvement
PICKFIBER is an international platform of experts on the development, testing and data managing of novel food components based on organic food fibers with specific properties to fight obesity and associated conditions.
- To produce a scientific rewiev report about organic and conventional food quality studies and effects on human health for the scientific advisors of the European Safety Food Authority and innovative agro-food companies.
- The expert platform will consist of protocols for the evaluation of organic sources for food components with high hydration, satiety and signalling properties. It also consists of a guideline of laboratory and clinical protocols for Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) in health-related properties of foods containing fibers from organic products.
- An e-knowledge base, stucturing and managing data from different sources with the purpose of supporting the analysis and quantification of the effects of health food (ingredients) on the subject state.
- The expert platform will also disseminate the outcomes and make them available to local food companies, food producers and laboratories.
- University of Lleida (Nutren-Nutrigenomics) – Catalonia (ES)
- Estonian University of Life Sciences – Tartu (EST)
- Brabant Development Agency (BOM) – North Brabant (NL)
- Institute of Molecular Bioimaging and Physiology – CNR – Lombardy
- Institute for Construction Technologies – Lombardy (I)
- Politecnico di Milano (department of bioengineering) – Lombardy (I)
- La Selva County - Catalonia (ES)
- University of South Bohemia (Institute of Physical Biology) – South West Bohemia (CZ)
- DS Medica s.r.l. – Lombardy (I)
Estonian University of Life Sciences - Ms Darja Matt, e-mail: email@example.com
University of Lleida - Mr. David De Lorenzo, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on projects' website.